Skip to main content

Mobility passport - day 2

So an interesting mobility mix today and conversations about mobility in Brussels.

First I installed the app and it is working really well ; at this moment i am waiting for the postal mail to deliver me the info pack.  so this day is public transport in 'free-style' without 'assignments' .

Meeting at 9.30 at North Station with the Brussels Region Bike manager.
Sitting in Tram 25 I was checking the time just after Liedts: 9.24, yes I would make it just in time; just before the North tunnel the tram traffic decided otherwise: 9.36 still blocked behind 5 other trams; the driver opens the door and I decide to walk to the North Station; this is the moment that the first tram in the row is starting to move .  Frustration 1 of the day #mobility

I have initiated  a project to introduce the touristic biking loops called 'fietsknooppunt' or 'point noeud' in Brussels.  It is a really challenging project, andI am amazed to meet so many positive people, incuding the bike manager, on this project;  more soon at http://fietsknooppunt.brussels/  

Seems that the flood of electric step users has a positive effect on awareness by car drivers of the presence of bikers on the public road;  interesting feature, now we need foldable helmets like  

I just saved a Too good to go pack through the app at NOVOTEL grnd place; going there by tram till De Brouckère and than one stop with metro was a smooth one.

Afternoon meeting in the city - center with a strict time limit to arrive in time to the Yoga course at Rogier area.  I usually take a Villo as it is a route driving down and I know the exact timing.  Frustration 2 of the day: there were 3 bikes available, but a car was parked in front of the bikes, and sou I could not retrieve them.  Walking instead.  Electric step is not an option with my backpack it is too dangerous and too many cobblestones.

From Rogier back with home with a full 25 tram.

Checking in online for a w.e. in Venice Seems that Brussels airlines is not so fond of new type of transport:  forbidden to take both as hand luggage an normal luggage: electric bikes, hoverboard, steps, segway, onewheel. (reason: lithium battery)
Next Sunday I will be participating at the Vogalonga , a 35 km rowing route in Venice!  This event has started in 1974 as a 'Venice without car-day' , and this means motorised ships in Venice.  With the  pressure of cruise ships on Venice, and even the recent crash, this will be an interesting experience,  So yes organisers of the mobility passport, iIam doing a little incursion to Venice with over 7000 other participants, will be fun; hope it counts for a bonus.

My walking app mentions 5,8 km of walking : todays' winner: my shoes and the umbrella.







Comments